Our History

An Episcopal presence in Minden dates back to 1853.  St. John’s was organized as a mission in 1872 and achieved parish status in 1947.

The present facilities are located in the historical district of Minden, LA near the downtown area.  The campus consists of the English parish gothic church seating in excess of 150, office, nursery, and choir rehearsal facilities; a parish hall, which include a great hall, large kitchen and storage areas.  On the well-maintained grounds are a Memorial Garden, a sacred space for the internment of ashes, and the Meditation Garden, which provides a quiet place to meditate and pray.  Adjacent to the existing property is the Youth Building and Dietrich Room addition, which houses the children’s ministries.

The people of St. John’s take pride in their long history of active ministry through time, talent and tithe.  Parishioners have shown leadership in the parish, diocese and national church as well as in civic and charitable organizations in the Minden and Webster Parish communities.